Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pre CNY dinner party

Yup, we have been invited to a CNY open house so YAY! :)

BUT I'm holding one pre-CNY dinner party myself this Sunday. It's a small one and it really isn't because of CNY but rather for a friend whom I might not see again for a long time. He's leaving for Jakarta for a meeting a couple of days after CNY (he's with the Indonesian embassy) for 3 weeks and he's thinking of extending his stay back home. I, on the other hand, still have no idea when exactly I'm leaving Kenya so there's a chance that I might leave before he's back in Kenya.

At the moment we have 6 persons, including myself. I'm having problems coming up with the menu. Hubby said 1 dish for each person which means yours truly will have to whip up 6 different dishes!!! And that does not include dessert ok. Ok here it is, my preliminary menu for Sunday night:

Main
1) Rendang chicken
2) Dry curry fish fillet
3) Sweet and sour pork
4) French beans with ikan bilis (anchovies)
5) Stir-fry cauliflower and broccoli
6) ABC Soup

Dessert
1) Blueberry muffin
2) Double choc fudge muffin
3) Pineapple tarts
4) Walnut biscuits
5) Kuih kodok/ Goreng Pisang
6) Char siew pau

The list is not a OR list. I will be making ALL of these items listed myself. No help, nothing. Just moi. The main dishes are easy....the dessert will take up more time and I will have to start on Saturday or even Friday. Muffins are very very easy to do and fast. Pineapple tarts will take up a lot of time and will have to start on Friday. Goreng pisang and walnut biscuits can be done on Saturday coz they are very very fast as well. And char siew pau can only be done on Saturday since I have to ensure the freshness and also most likely it's supper during mahjong on Saturday night.

I'll try to remember to take pictures of the end result and publish them after Sunday :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment