Tuesday, February 16, 2010

CNY and V-Day recap

So how was your Chinese New Year and/or Valentine's Day this year? Except for the Chinese New Year open house which we attended, nothing from my side. Boring huh? No gifts and no flowers from hubby either. Yup, that's married for you. You can totally forget about getting sweet cards or chocolates whatsoever. Maybe it's just my hubby but I think most are the same. First year, yes you can still expect something.

I remember speaking to my aunt on Chinese New Year when I called home. She was at grandma's. She was telling me the same thing that her husband (my uncle) told her that if you're in love, everyday's Valentine's, which I cannot agree more BUT us girls just want to have that one special day to celebrate love and to get gifts and be spoilt. I asked my aunt what her response was - she told uncle, "wow you must have saved a lot of money all these years then!" I have to tell my hubby the same thing too - I gave him a card OK?! And all he could say when he the card was "alamak, I didn't get you any card leh. How lah?" And walked away....-_-"

Otherwise, the luncheon was really good! Had all the delicacies which you can usually find during Chinese New Year like Loh Hon Chai, kuih kapit (love letters), roast pork, etc etc YUM

0 comments:

Post a Comment