Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Just started my day and it's 1.30pm!

I have just started my day - almost finishing with the emails, news, social networks and now blogging.....am not done with blogging but will start off with the first before I go back to my books. Have totally no idea why I'm so exhausted today but I was woken up by my security guard's call at 11.00am. I reckon if he didn't make the phone call, I'd still be sleeping like a log! You see, we have people sending us cylinders of distilled drinking water every Wednesday. I have to bring the empty cylinders to the guard post in exchange for new ones. They usually come to my area at around 11am - noon every Wednesday and if they are early or I've not brought it down by the time they arrive, my guard will call me on the intercom.

So I have just started my day - I don't even know what to blog about!! Writer's blog. Oh but I have created another blog - this time it's a community blog for the families to come together and leave a piece of something. I hope it takes off coz right now, it seems a little slow. Since it's birth yesterday, only 3 blogs and 2 of them by moi! Imagine that. As long as it doesn't end up being MY blog.....head over to http://kafeishop.blogspot.com and have a look. Kafei means coffee in Chinese. A coffeeshop in the Far East is nothing like the cafes in the West. They are a lot more informal and extremely noisy where people from all walks of life go for a game of chess, meeting up with old friends, etc. The kind which I love the most are the old coffeeshop with no air-condition. Only a ceiling fan, marble tables, wooden chairs and you sip your coffee from the plate! This is what a traditional Kopitiam coffee cup looks like:



I'm gonna leave you now with pictures of a Chinese dessert - it's called Lotus & Apricot Seed Sweet Soup. The name already suggests what's in it!

Enjoy!




0 comments:

Post a Comment