Monday, January 18, 2010

Avatar Wins!

Avatar triumphs at the Golden Globe Awards yesterday. Well done but Avatar is definitely worth all the hype and recognition. I hope all of you have watched it. It is definitely on of the few movies that one cannot miss - if there's 3D in your area, got catch the 3D version. I promise you, you will not regret paying a little more.

Everyone says last night's Golden Globe is a repeat of what James Cameron (the director) achieved with Titanic 12 years ago. Well, I must say in my humble personal opinion that James Cameron DID NOT repeat Titanic achieved 12 years ago but better. At least I watched Avatar but not Titanic. Ah ah no no, not even once!!! OK, 10 minutes - I watched Titanic for 10 minutes on a DVD on my computer. I did not even bother going to the cinema. So what happened? Why only 10 minutes? It was way too boring. It did not manage to catch my attention. It did not keep me long enough to see why James Cameron spent so much money on this movie and what captivated the world. Or why my sister, after coming back from the movie, cried when the song My Hear Will Go On played on radio which, by the way, I think is extremely funny!

I mean crying at movies or when you read, fine. I might be able to understand why. But crying when you hear the theme song to the movie which you have just cried to??? Urghh.....man it's just a SONG! The song ain't even sad. The lyrics, the music ain't even sad! But my sister told me because she remembered the scenes from the movie.......-_-" I bet this is something I would never ever understand in my lifetime. Hell, I can't even comprehend crying in movies!

Oh oh.....CONGRATULATIONS AVATAR!

2 comments:

MinnieMoose said...

u have another sister that i dont know of?

Ann said...

c'mon...don't be shy......you know who that sister is! :p

Post a Comment