Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'm convinced

Ok I'm finally convinced that quality of a camera is not as important as the photographer. I met up with my friend again last night for dinner before he flies off to Las Vegas - the next stop in his around the world in 40 days photo-shoot. He showed us some of the pictures he's taken during his safari trips - none of them edited and they are like soooo amazing!!!

There were 5 of us at the table, including the man himself. 2 of my friends are novice photographers as well with all the D90, lenses what not. Anyway, he mentioned that the camera, although important if you're a professional, is not as important as the person holding the camera. He showed us a couple of pictures he took using his compact camera. Gosh - amazing! I will never be able to take anything close to that. I wasn't convinced still because he had a damn good compact - the Rolls Royce of a compact actually - Lica. So I brought my Olympus mini out and still, he managed to snap some amazing pictures I didn't know my Olympus could do!

But damn him - now I'm wondering if I should really save for a D90??? Hmmm.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment