Thursday, September 15, 2011

Only in Malaysia

Traveled like we do everyday from JB into Singapore in the mornings. There is also 2 lanes at Malaysian customs which is open to traffic. How do we know the lane is in operation? Green light will tell us that is accessible and red means otherwise.

2 queus as usual. We noticed the lane on our left only has 1 booth open. The queue was pretty short - when the queue is short, avoid it. Rule of thumb. It only means that it's slow moving. Anyhow, I always prefer the right lane anyway.

Anyway, I stayed on the right and was surprised that all the cars zoomed past without much problems. And taa daa what a surprise! All the booths were closed! None was in operation so nobody stopped for passport checks at all! If you are Malaysian, that will not be a problem but imagine if you are a Singaporean. You are actually leaving the country without immigration checks? I promise you will be having a hell lot of problem trying to get back in the next time.

In fact, one car which was in front of me switched lanes. I was wondering why. Now I'm pretty sure he's a Singaporean.

Only in Malaysia!

0 comments:

Post a Comment