Thursday, December 15, 2011

Jacky Cheung *Updated with pictures*

Jacky Cheung was awesome! His showmanship was awesome! A real professional and am not sure if there will be another like him. Maybe there are and maybe they all are but this is effectively the first and only Chinese act I have seen so far.





I have seen Boyzone (TWICE!), Aerosmith, Linkin Park, Westlife and Scorpion but never a Chinese act.

Our seats were not the best but that was what was left when we booked (they actually released 500 more just 2 weeks after we bought ours). 4 shows in total. They started off with 2 then added additional 500 seats per show then added 1 more show and then another show and then finally 500 seats to those 2 additional shows. They were still all sold out within minutes! Imagine that! The crowd was awesome too and they really sang along!





But going there made me feel even older. Made me feel that age is really creeping on me. Nobody there was in their early twenties! Most of us are over 30 and quite a handful 40's, 50's, even 60's! Saw a couple of teenagers but I bet they are there because their parents made them tag along. Sad huh? Hehehe...no more rowdy crowds and I am damn sure the organizer knows this that's why our seats are numbered. No numbers when I went to Aerosmith, Boyzone, Linkin Park nor Westlife.

And the best thing? Very very few of the audience actually knew the words to his newer songs. I for one have never even heard of them! It was kinda boring but the 2nd half, the hall boomed with the crowd singing along to almost every song! Back to our era - that's the way we like it. Hehehehe...old farts!

I haven't got time to upload the pics yet. Security was terribly strict so not many pics taken. They didn't allow pics to be taken during the concert. No recording as well. But all of us tried anyways.



0 comments:

Post a Comment